Wednesday, November 23, 2011

If acrylic nails are so bad, then why do people still wear them?

I've always wanted to try acrylic nails. But my aunt told me that it's not a one time thing, %26amp; my mom says it's way bad for your nails. I just wanted to try them like to see if it's something i would ever want to do. So i guess the real question is... What is really so bad about acrylic nails %26amp; why are they so popular?If acrylic nails are so bad, then why do people still wear them?
They're not really that bad if you get them done, and keep them filled. I've noticed the most damage when I've had them, removed them, got them again, and removed them and so on. They're bad for your nails because they have to file and buff off some of the layers of your nail to give the false nails something to cling to. When I get the falsies off, my real nails are paper thin and scratched up looking and awful. I've seen some people that this doesn't happen to, though. And my natural nails are thin to begin with.If acrylic nails are so bad, then why do people still wear them?
People wear them either because they can't grow their nails long or their nails are really weak when they're long. The downsides to acrylic nails are that you do have to get them ';filled in'; every 2 weeks so the cost adds up; also they make your nails underneath them really weak and thin; also you can get a nail fungal infection wearing them which won't hurt you but looks gross and can take a year to cure; also it's hard to clean underneath them really well so it can get not so hygienic under there; also it hurts to have them put on and it hurts to have them taken off; and they can look a little ghetto especially if you go too long or too bright. The plus side is that you have long, strong, nails. I think you should get them once just to see what you think. It's not going to hurt you to wear them for a while. Then, if you get sick of getting the fill-ins or your don't like them you can have them removed. I think I've probably had them at least a dozen times. I end up not liking them and having them taken off but I don't regret trying it.
Acrylics are not bad for your nails.





Your nails get ruined when you decide that ';cheaper is better'; and walk into a dirty salon that will do your nails for 20 bucks. Those salons care more about your money than your health, so they'll use an electric drill to shave away your natural nails, slap cheap acrylic on, and when you go back to get them removed, they'll rip them off, causing your nails to be paper thin and gross looking.





If you do your research and find a proper salon, they'll take care of your nails so that you will be able to enjoy acrylic nails without getting your natural ones damaged.





Hope that helps! xo
it just makes everyday task harder thats the only con but i personally don't mind getting mine done but i recently stopped biting my nails and whenever i start i taste my clear nail polish which is nasty so it makes me stop and my nails have grown so long so now i dont have to waste money on the fakes one i can just have my natural ones. try this to help your own grow or if you want go to the salon and try the acrylic to see if you'll like em if not you can always have them removed
They'ree popular causethey're'e pretty and super thick/strongThey'rere typically $30-40 and last about 2 weeks. My only problem with them is that i don't have the special stuff to take em off, so i have to result to painfully breaking/tearing them off, then my nails are wrecked. Lol But i still like them ;]
If smoking kills you, then why do people still do it?


If flat ironing your hair damages it, then why do people still do it?


If lemons are bad for teeth enamel, then why do people still eat themmmmm?





Just because people do it doesn't make it not bad for your nails guurrl
Some people think they look good, there are probably people with nail problems that would like to cover them up as well. People do so many terrible things to their bodies in the name of vanity, I think fake nails are definitely the lesser of many evils lol.
well your mom is right.. when u get them off ur nails are SUPER thin and break way easy... there very pretty (thats y people still use them) in fact im wearing them now :P but there pretty :D
i still wear them, cause i love them.
because...they pretty i guess! i dont know..why do women wear glue-in weave when it breaks their hair? nobody knows.
cuz theyre pretty [:

No comments:

Post a Comment