Thursday, July 29, 2010

Is it dangerous to get acrylic nails? What about pedicures?

I love to get acrylic nails and pedicures at the salon. But I have heard it can be harmful and dangerous. Is it true? Should I stop?Is it dangerous to get acrylic nails? What about pedicures?
Well I personally say no, simlpy because I get them done all the time. I live for my French Manicures. However, I do have this cousin who had an allergic reaction to the materials that are used and she developed a servere fungus on her FINGERNAILS (GROSS, Huh?). Well, anyways this happened to her like years ago, when I was about 13 and I am 22 now, and unfortunately she still has it. I don't know why she never took care of it? But I guess if you get them done, and nothing happens to you, then you will learn to live by them, just like a million other girls. Besides, they look gorgeous.Is it dangerous to get acrylic nails? What about pedicures?
I am a nail tech and if it is done wrong it can be very bad for you. NEVER LET ANYONE DRILL ON YOUR NATURAL NAIL!!!!! If you walk in a nail salon and everyone working there is wearing masks or it is a really strong smell turn around and walk out. They are using nail products that are dangerous.

Report Abuse



it is possible to get infections if the instruments used are not cleaned and disinfected between customers; also, after you stop getting acrylic nails you can have permanent ridges in your nails if the nail bed was injured during the filing process
No i wont think so... the only bad thing would be the fumes.. but its not THAT bad... i watch my friends get them all the time.. there sooooooooo cute!
My wife has had them for decades. What's dangerous about it? And Pedicures? She gets them every two weeks and her feet and nails are beautiful.
They are not dangerous, but when you get the nails taken off, make sure you get the soaked off professionally, or it will tear your nails. Pedicures are cool, i get them every chance I have
The fumes can be dangerous if you are exposed to them EVERY day for several years. But the little bit you're exposed to when you get nails, naw.. nothing to worry about.





The only thing they do in the negative column is tear up your natural nails a bit. But, if you keep the acrylics up, there is nothing to worry about other than mold or fungus growing under them; however, that's in rare cases. Good nail ladies keep things sterile under your nails and completely seal them so stuff does not grow under them.
I've heard of some horror stories @ the nail salons but if you choose one to go to that sanitizes their tools and equipment you should';nt worry.while your there make sure they spray there tools and sanitize them before they use them on you..Also pay attention to the way the clean up after each customer.
i had acrylics last christmas and i got my nail caught on a loose string and it ripped my nail completely off. pedicures are great as long as you make sure that everything is sterile before they use it ESPECIALLY if they use the razor on the bottom of your foot.
People fail to realize that these products have to be approved by the FDA. So if they were dangerous and harmful, they wouldn't be allowed to put acrylic on people. Pedicures are relaxing, not dangerous at all.
I go to Florida every year on vacation,Me and my older sister always get acrylics done.Yeah they can damage your nails if you don't take care of them.When yo want to get them taken off,go to a nail bar and get them taken off professionally,After wards get nail strengthener because the acrylics softens up your nails

No comments:

Post a Comment