Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to take off acrylic nails?

Hi so about 1 week and a half ago I got my nails done. Like professionally, not those fake ones that you stick on with nail glue.And i'm sure you heard this a hundred times. But what is an easy way to get these things off. I mean i would perfer a painless method but if it requires some kind of pain , I'll try it. I'm desperate to get these off.Btw I don't have any Acetone so please don't suggest that.How to take off acrylic nails?
I am a nail tech 15 years and I tell you Acetone is the only safe way!! You must soak them off to save the integrity of your nails. If you pull them off, sand them off, you are only setting yourself up for big problems. It is worth the few dollars to invest in the Acetone, than to damage your nails...that would take months to grow out.


Here is the correct way. Soak in Acetone until product starts to bubble. Take an orange wood stick, lightly scrape off the bubbly surface...soak again. Repeat this until the product is all off the nails. Make sure you get a good three way buffer to remove all the ridges and smooth. I recommend you use a really good nail strengthener to get your natural nails going in the right direction. I also think it is best to keep the nails short for one full nail plate growth cycle..before letting some length grow.


Good luck, and it really is better if you do this correctly as you can cause serious problems for at least a year with your own natural nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment